Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day Five - Year Two

Birmingham Zoo – half price with our FL Aquarium Membership – yay!  I had seen online that they were having half-price Tuesdays and $5 weekends, so going on a Thursday was the bomb!  No crowd at all!  We got to see lots of cool animals, and their birds seemed especially friendly.  Inside the Lorikeet aviary, I had a special friend on my head and I didn’t even have any food for him!  J

Some Lady Ross’s Turaco’s were really curious, and came right over to look me over when I talked to them.  I was beginning to wonder if I looked like their zookeeper since they were so friendly!

The predator house had the usual lions and tigers, but also several feline species we had never heard of before, so that was interesting.  We saw the presentation with their resident “ham” lion who showed off his teeth and his growl while being fed.  Sam really wanted to see the sea lion show, so we made sure to attend that one, as well.


One of the really cool things we were able to witness was the young giraffes running around their pen.  A light rain storm blew up, and they started loping around their enclosure – it was amazing to see these tall animals taking those super long strides!  They were so beautiful and frisky!  The zebras next door were running around as well, and kicking up their heels.


No comments:

Post a Comment