Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Year Three - Day Eighteen

Sam's View

Today we went and saw mommy’s houses we saw her original house we saw her farm we saw her town we saw her dad’s gas station we even ate at one of the restaurants she ate at when she was a kid.

Summer's View

From the looks of that "sentence" above, I can see we need to discuss run-on sentences! LOL

I am actually surprised he remembered as much as he wrote down.  I seem to remember he was chattering the whole time I was driving about a new set of earphones he had just gotten.  :)

The restaurant he spoke of was Thompson's BBQ on Atkinson Street, and I ate there as a young adult.  I always tease Jim about not knowing what "real" bbq tastes like, so he finally found out.  YUM!

We even bought a Powerball ticket at dad's old station for luck, but we didn't win. Darn!  :)

I have to say, Henderson is looking good! Not a lot has changed in 17 years, and everything looks like it is in good shape!  I did notice the riverfront is now different, and they tore down Beardsley's...old news to those of you in the area, I know.  And, of course, Gibb's is still rockin'!


We walked around the lake at Audubon State Park - even Buster got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment