Friday, May 10, 2013

Year Three - Day Fourteen

Sam's View

Today we did a tour of Mammoth Cave!!! :) :) :) The tour we did was the historic tour. The tour was about 2 miles. We walked over a huge pit you couldn’t even see the bottom :O We also got to see some cute little brown bats! :)

Summer's  View

Once again, rain!  But we were inside, so it didn't matter.  There are actually several different tours of Mammoth Cave, and we opted for the Historic Tour.  It was interesting, and a lot of fun!  It took us through Fat Man's Misery, which I had told Jim and Sam about.  :)





When I went through Mammoth Cave over 20 years ago, I believe they offered a tour where you could ride a boat through a portion of the underground river, but they don't do that anymore.  :(

As Sam mentioned, there were a few little brown bats hanging on the ceiling near the entrance, and the area was so low I would have brushed some with my head if I hadn't seen them!  They were so small, about the size of a mouse, and VERY cute!


Sam forgot to mention that we also saw a cave salamander!  Woo hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment